Newsletter: What's New in Holiday Greeting Cards This Year - Part 1
When Should You Send Your Holiday eCards?
Many email marketing companies have published statistics that Tuesday is the most popular day for sending emails and has the highest open and click through rates. Does that mean you should send your eCards on Tuesday? In our experience we see a higher open rate for email sent earlier in the week, but not enough of a difference to delay sending an email message that is time sensitive.
We do recommend that our customers avoid sending during peak times like Black Friday and Cyber Monday because your email has a chance of getting ignored in someone's overwhelmed inbox. Most people check their email more during the week so pretty much anytime Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday is optimal. But, even if your 'timing' is excellent, there are other important factors to consider when ensuring your eCard gets through.
CorpNote's motto has always been quality over quantity. First, it is important to verify that your email list is up to date and you have removed any bouncebacks or unsubscribe requests from your last mailing. Second, you need a strong subject line to ensure that your recipients will be prompted to open your email. Good subject lines and a high quality permission-based email list, will always give you the highest success rate. With CorpNote, you will see if someone picks up your eCard within the first 24 hours. If they haven't, you should make sure the email address is current and then send it again within 48 hours using a new, better targeted subject line. (E.g. "You're Invited (second notice) – Your response is required")
Holiday Party Planning
We all know that online holiday invitations make holiday party planning much more efficient. If you don't know about CorpNote's event management system, then view our tutorial about the online invitation manager.
Here are CorpNote's holiday party planning tips to help ease the effort of getting through the busy holiday season.
- Send a 'Save the Date' eCard at least 8 weeks prior to your holiday event to ensure a great turnout.
- Create your event in the invitation manager and create your online invitation (with a link to the RSVP form) about 6 weeks prior to the event. If you have meal choices or other simple multiple-choice questions that go with the invitation, our 2 optional survey questions can be a great time saver. If you have more questions or want more flexibility, you can create and send an online survey as a follow-up to the invitation, or include a link to both the survey and online RSVP form in the same invitation eCard.
- To quickly find a CorpNote holiday invitation design, type 'holiday party' in the 'Keyword' search box to see a selection of our ready-made designs.
- Prior to sending the invitation to your list, send the invitation to yourself and/or any other people that need to approve the invitation before it is sent. You can then easily use the 'template' or 'copy card' features to send your invitations to the final recipients.
- Send your invitation as eCards and use the RSVP feature, CorpNote will automatically collate your invitation list so you can track your responses and create Excel worksheets for attendance, table name cards and nametags.
- Depending on how closely you want to monitor your attendance, you can follow your response progress on your account overview page, or use the 'email response notification' feature when you set up your event in the invitation manager. The email feature will send you a confirmation either every time someone RSVP's or once a day.
- Re-send the invitation to people who have not picked up the eCard in 48 hours. You can easily do this from your CorpNote invitation list.
- After the event, consider sending a follow up survey or Thank You eCard, which could include questions about the facility or ideas they have for next year's party.
For some fun winter holiday party ideas, check out our Pinterest Holiday Party board.
Want More Great Ideas?
Follow CorpNote on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter to get CorpNote updates in your news feed. We post special promotions, feature announcements, user tips and more!
CorpNote - eCards, Online Invitations and Online Surveys for Business
P.O. Box 565 | Fountainville, PA 18923 | 609-406-1665 | Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm Eastern
©2004 - 2018 CorpNote.com